I've graded your book talks - those of you who have turned them in - and I want to congratulate certain students on their excellent work. These students all received a high 3 or a 4 on their book talks.
382:
Tommoi
Shannon
383:
Regina
Dunessa
Tiona
Aharon
361:
Stephan
Keisha (perfect score!)
Octavia
The rest of you are on your way to achieving high 3s. This is only Book Talk #1; you still have plenty of time to improve throughout the year.
Most of you still have yet to turn in a book talk. Remember -
- You should be finishing an independent reading book and writing a book talk every two weeks.
- The book talk and the Sourcebook are worth 40% of your grade.
- If you are reading a book that is very challenging, or a book that is very long, you may write two or more book talks on the same book. For example, you would write one book talk on Chapters 1-18 of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows and another book talk on Chapters 19-36. See me ahead of time if you think you need to do two book talks on the same book.
Thursday, October 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Good job former Brickey students on your wonderful 8th grade Book Talks! Really, I'm here to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY MS. BASILE!!!!!!!
Neato-
and you have to teach me how to do that linky thing you did on "challenging"
cool
Thanks for the birthday wishes!
I shall show you the links for I am a computer wizard.
Post a Comment